In any case, after working on the aeration of the pond and well, I really wanted to at least make a start on trim work around the homestead, something I've left on the back burner.
I decided to begin in the sauna, and test out some thoughts there.
First up I put some sill gasket all the way around - I thought that this may seal up any slight leaks. Sober second thought makes me think that caulking the seams under the trim may be a better use of my time though.
|Seemed like a good idea at the time.|
|And some more.|
|The first board.|
I continued to use the fence boards to trim around - instead of having the outer trim cover the edge of the casing, I instead had the casing extend out from the trim slightly (by measuring around the window depth all the way around and basing my width on the deepest spot). I'm hoping that this will hide the fact that my log walls are quite wavy in places.
Of course, I didn't think completely ahead and ended up one board short for my first experiment.
|And one board short. Note the dark area on the wall where I always end up leaning when taking steam.|
|And outside. You can see where steam has escaped over the years due to lack of good seal. We'll see how it goes in future.|