Sunday, June 11, 2017

Gyros Casserole

On Tuesday Kenny decided quite surprisingly that he wanted to visit the Hoffman Hobby Farm down near Murillo.

I had to act fast to figure out supper!  Luckily inspiration struck and I was able to use up some stuff in the fridge and freezer and let our solar power do all the heavy work.

First, frozen hash browns mixed with Tzatziki.
Mix in some homegrown alfalfa sprouts and chunks of feta cheese.



Slices of pre-cooked gyros meat.

Layer the meat like lasagna noodles.  In fact, this whole thing is just lasagna using meat instead of noodles.

A spoonful of the hash mix.

Some Monterey Jack cheese on top.

Some parmesan and asiago cheese, as well as spices, and crumbled bacon.  Because, why not?

I put that on low for about six or seven hours, and we had two perfectly serviceable meals!

4 comments:

  1. Good to see you posting again. I am a regular visitor to your blog and would love to see more consistent updates. I think you have a unique situation, great story and could monetize your site like so many are doing these days!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for reading! It's sure gratifying to think people are actually mildly interested in learning from my experiences :).
      I'll try to write more - Donna is always willing to photograph and edit our adventures :).

      Best regards!

      Delete
  2. I have you subscribed into my RSS aggregator so I never miss a post. Don't stop, it's amazing to see how far you have all come, and how wonderfully Kenny's growing up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know I'd be subscribed to your blog if you ever found the time to start one! Thanks for keeping up with us, it's really nice to know!

      Delete