Thursday, January 19, 2017

Popcorn on the Induction Cooker

With the surplus power I have been getting on days like today, I felt like it was a good chance to push my luck and try out our popcorn popper.

It has been used a couple of times a week here on the woodstove, but the whole reason I special ordered one that was suppose to be induction compatible was so that in the summer we could still enjoy our snacky treat without having to fire up the butane or wood stove.

First I assembled our popcorn staples - popcorn (usually from Bulk Zone...  Either white or mushroom), peanut oil (it doesn't seem to burn as quickly, and we all love us some peanuts), the induction cooker, and the popcorn popping pot.
Everything ready to go.  So excited!
And a close up of just the ingredients?
I put in enough oil to coat the bottom of the pot, as well as about five kernels.  Then I put it on the cooker and started it up.
Test kernels installed.  Waiting for it to warm up sufficiently.  I like the reflection of the photographer here!
The default setting of the cooker is 1000 watts or 150 degrees Celsius.  I let it ride at 150 degrees and then tried to look up the best temperature to use.

Within a few moments, I heard the kernels popping!  I was shocked - shocked I tell you!

I poured in about a quarter cup of unpopped corn and started cranking the handle.  It popped amazingly rapidly - I would say it was as fast as a bag of microwave popcorn!  I quickly emptied it into a nearby bowl, and in fast succession, popped two more bowls.

Kenny scrambled to get the first bowl out for me.
You see, it seems we all have different preferences for what we put on our popcorn.  I like popcorn salt, Kenny likes plain salt, and Donna right now is rocking the white cheddar seasoning.  So I usually make three small batches and we each have our own.

I repackaged mine in the bag to eat later.
I'm super pleased with the setup - it worked fast and easy!  I even boiled water right in the popper afterwards and was able to clean it up in a snap!







No comments:

Post a Comment