Thursday, August 11, 2016

My Custom Designed Woodshed is Finished.

It's done - and it looks good!

After returning from vacation, I kept trying to squeeze in a bit of work on the woodshed between doing household chores and educating/entertaining Kenny.  This usually meant that I could only put up two or three sheets of steel on the roof.
Slow progress during the week.  Kenny started piling, but Grandpa sure added to it!
The whole time, Grandpa was visiting daily to split wood for an few hours and pile it inside, now that the bare minimum roof was on.

This past Friday though, Mama was home so I didn't feel too many qualms about heading out in the morning with a real intent to TCB.
An early start.  Already have the gable end closed in with my own planks.
A view from a bit further back.
Not much to say, I just kept plugging away non-stop and was able, with very judicious cutting and measuring, to finish the project without having to purchase any extra sheets of steel (something I was nearly certain I would have to do when I started), or using up any strange colours on the back side (something that Grandpa thought would occur, while Donna merely granted assent if required).

A view of the roof from inside.  This should keep most of the rain and snow out.
Grandpa just keeps piling it on!
Checking my aspirations.
Kenny set up this shot all on his own.  He thought it would look neat.
All finished, and now time to really fill her up!
Of course, I did use up some spare pieces I had from previous projects (and the sheds that I'm dismantling due to obsolescence).  Oh, and a few of the protective cover sheets that come with steel shipments.

Grandpa has been continuing to split and pile my dry wood inside the shed this week.  I am hoping that this weekend I can get another large chunk of time where I can bring in more wood to ensure that the shed is full, as well as to begin the drying process for next year too.  I'd like to stay far ahead of the curve so that I can endure even a Westerosi winter.


Taking a break by spending the night at camp.  Donna wanted to capture Ken and the waxing moon out over the lake.  Looks fantastic!

No comments:

Post a Comment