In spite of four coats of varnish on the wooden top, mildew soon appeared around the rim of the sink and tap, and slowly began to creep outwards.
I put up with it for as long as I could, but finally had to admit to myself that a wooden counter in a bathroom situation wasn't going to cut it, at least in that particular configuration.
|Not as easy a removal as I hoped - I ended up rotating the entire counter around the pipe to unscrew the tap!|
|Yep, looks like a clear case of mildew.|
I ordered it up and a week or so after arrival, I found the time to begin the installation. Of course, after I had already emptied our main water tank and cut off the drain to replumb it, I discovered that I had purchased a 2x2x 1 1/2" sanitary T, rather than 1 1/2" all around... I texted Donna and asked her if she could pick one up, and I decided to skip my Judo class that evening.
|Ahhh, another Surecraft Plastics splash guard! Good thinking!|
|I'll just cut this right here. May as well, not ready for plumbing yet!|
|Now, gluing on my nemesis - the sanitary T!|
|And assembling the AAV.|
|Wrapping a hot towel around the poly pipe makes it much easier to remove and install fittings!|
With it all hooked up, less the tap (which I had decided should be the same as the kitchen - and is still on order), we pumped just enough water to fill the water line. No leaks!
I then sent a bit of water down the drain. It was noisy, but again, no leaks!
|Kenny is confirming the no leaks policy I'm trying to implement.|
|Looks good from this angle.|
|And stocked with toiletries already!|