Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Building a Workshop

Sorry I haven't written for awhile dear readers.

Under Grandpa's tutelage I have been building a workshop/garage that is shaping up quite nicely.

Already last year Grandpa had marked out and cleared the site, and with the spring giving me the opportunity to cut up the large log pile by the sawmill, we had the materials to get cracking.  Grandpa laid out the heavy beams for the base and leveled and squared them up.  We put up the walls and roof, and I ordered up the steel for the roof.
Taking shape.
In the course of a morning we managed to get the roof on, with only the final panel being screwed in completely crooked and needing to be reset.

A few days later I added the ridge cap, and then it was off to Killbear Provincial Park to meet with my family for an awesome camping session.

Kenny got up to many antics, and Aunt V! let me try out the standup paddleboard that she had rented.  I must point out that I did not fall off.
Steady as she goes.
Back in Waterloo it was awesome to spend time with Nana and Papa and see their award-winning garden.  They really set the bar high for everyone around them.  Sigh.

In Waterloo I did also try to fill in a few computer calls.  As with most things in life, these turned out to be far more involved than I would have expected!  Oh well, I managed to struggle through them and still enjoy my time with my parents and see my Grandma.
Kenny has to write larger for Great Grandma 8)
Towards the end of our time there I started to feel sick all the time.  This was a bit of a disappointment because one of the highlights of returning to Waterloo is enjoying the foods that I came to love there.  I didn't get a real chance to enjoy Mr. Doner Kebab at all.  It breaks my heart.

No Pizza Pizza after 8pm in Cochrane?!  Even on the weekends!  Luckily you can pickup at Greco's Pizza, and it was awesome :).
The illness persisted the entire trip back home, and even a week after we were back in Thunder Bay.  I finally went to see my very nice Nurse Practitioner, and she has given me some medicine that seems to have helped very much.  While I don't always refer to it, I have an ongoing health situation that causes me noticeable issues.  It remains to be seen if this is related or not.  My NP is going to consult with a gastroenterologist and get back to me.  In the meantime, I'm still due for lots of pokes and prods and a little surgery over the next little while, so please be patient (pardon the pun) with my posts.

A few days ago with the thermometer pushing thirty degrees again, Mummu and Grandpa and our family all piled into his new car and headed down to camp.  I set up the cool hammock my friend J! gave us from Paraguay, and Kenny entertained us with his acrobatics.
A future Olympian?
Yesterday was another crazy hot day.  I did a bit of straightening up in the Tardis, and then decided to walk over to Mummu and Grandpa's house to load up some episodes of Coronation Street on a flash drive for their viewing pleasure.

As I passed the property line, I heard some twigs snapping a few feet to my right.

You can imagine my surprise as I looked up to see this fellow chowing down on the bounty of blueberries we are all enjoying.

Hide yo blueberries!
Gathering my thoughts, I decided the best course of action was to continue on to Mummu's house, but perhaps at a more brisk pace.  My friend looked up and took off towards our cabin.

I got to Mummu's and phoned Donna to give her a head's up.  She called Kenny inside and managed to snap the above photo looking down the path to Mummu's house.

No comments:

Post a Comment