With Donna and Kenny in tow, I realized how fortunate I was to be with the truck, and that it wasn't heavily laden yet.
We pulled in at Howie's, where the boss gave me a fright by declaring that my little Ford Ranger wouldn't be able to handle the weight of the stove. Of course, had I given it a bit more thought, I would have been able to calculate that the weight of the stove (no more than five hundred pounds) was equivalent to that of two or three large fellows - easily within the capacity of the truck!
Anyway, he laughed at my gullibility, and then proceeded to load up the stove in the back of the truck and send me giddily on my way.
We got the stove home safe and sound, and the next day Grandpa arrived with his superhero equipment to help us get the stove into the cabin.
It went much more smoothly than I expected. I was able to back the truck right up to the cabin, where we removed the front door from the hinges to give us a full inch of clearance.
We removed everything possible from the stove, including the doors. Then bridged the gap between the tailgate and the cabin with a small piece of plywood.
It was suprisingly easy to scootch the stove across the span, and with it inside, we replace the door of the cabin in short order.
We haven't yet reattached any of the parts of the stove we have removed, as we haven't yet insulated the floor where it will go. Once that is complete, we will put the stove in its final position.
For reference, here is a photo of the back of the stove. I searched high and low online for a picture of the back of the stove to see the placement of the stovepipe. I suspected that it was off to the right, directly behind the oven, but no one could confirm that for me. As such, here it is. A 7" oval exhaust, but included with the stove was the adapter to permit the use of round stovepipe.
I'm sure in the future I will be posting more and more about how this stove works for us. In the meantime, we are just too excited to give it a test run!