Monday, December 6, 2010

Photo Housekeeping...

   Well, I dusted off my backups yesterday and copied all my digital photos and videos onto our home server so that we could readily enjoy them if we wanted to.  I'll likely upload a bunch of the photos to Picasa later, if I have the space available...
   I'm also trying to clean up duplicates, misfiled, and photos taken with that annoying sideways technique I hate so much...
   One "Viz Top Tip" I can offer that I wish I had either known or possibly remembered (in case I already knew it...) was that it's pretty easy to bulk rename files in Windows.  I had downloaded two programmes that were either pay, or too confusing, before I discovered that if you just select multiple files, right-click and rename, type in your overall description, and hit enter, Windows will rename all the files to your description, adding a "(1), (2), (3), etc." to the end of each filename itself to keep them sorted...  Sheesh!

No comments:

Post a Comment